[VM] Cleaning your .vm file to get rid of obsolete names

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: [VM] Cleaning your .vm file to get rid of obsolete names
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 17:16:02 +0100

As you know, there have been a few changes to the VM variable/function names in recent versions. Terry Jones asked me if there was a way to flag up all the obsolete names in the .vm file.

The answer is "yes". The Emacs 23 byte-code compiler does that. To invoke it, start up VM (by visiting a folder), and then do

  M-x byte-compile-file

and give the name of your .vm file. That will flag up all the obsolete variable names.

The XEmacs byte-code compiler might do that too.  I haven't checked.

Cheers,
Uday