Re: [VM] wrong type argument

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] wrong type argument
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:54:26 +0100

Salome Södergran wrote:

> The difference to the situation in the bug description is that I am not
> trying to visit a genuine thunderbird folder and that it is a fairly small
> folder (533k). It used to be a thunderbird folder but after switching to
> vm I copied it to my vm-mail-folder and have ever since been using it as
> a vm-folder only. As mentioned before there were no problems with it
> until just lately.

Ok, then, it looks like a possible bug.  Here is what you need to do.

 - After visiting the folder, do M-x load-library RET vm-folder.el RET

 - Do M-x toggle-debug-on-error.

Then you can do whatever you need to do to get the error to occur.
Emacs should enter a debug mode and show a Backtrace.  Copy the entire
text of the Backtrace buffer and paste it into a VM bug report, which is
done by running M-x vm-submit-bug-report.

(I am assuming that you have .el files in your load-path.  If not, you
would need to load vm-folder.el from wherever the .el files are stored.)

You can go back to the Backtrace buffer and type `q' to resume your work.

Cheers,
Uday