Re: [VM] open buffer w/ no file

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] open buffer w/ no file
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:38:52 +0100

Dave Webb <address@hidden>, Dave Webb <address@hidden> writes:

> i have primary-inbox as "~/Mail/inbox" and also set primary-inbox to
> a imap-ssl:etc:etc:etc which is what I retrieve when opening the
> inbox from buffer list and using the g key to initiate new mail
> retrieval.

That doesn't make sense, Dave.  You can't possibly set primary-inbox
to two different values!  "~/Mail/inbox" is what you would use if you
want to use *local folders*.  "imap-ssl:etc:etc:etc" is meant for
*server folders*.  The info manual has separate sections on the two
methods, and they work quite differently.  Can you read those sections
and decide which one you want to use?  Then if you send me your .vm
file, I can check your settings.

Cheers,
Uday