[VM] bbdb/vm-update-records-mode

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: [VM] bbdb/vm-update-records-mode
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:11:00 +0100

I have been annoyed for a while that BBDB wasn't scanning already-seen
messages for new addresses.  Even the `bbdb/vm-force-create' command didn't
work.

After some searching, I tracked down the problem to the default value of
the variable `bbdb/vm-update-records-mode', which was set to evaluate to
'searching for already-seen messages.  I have no idea who set this.  It
doesn't make sense to me.

The fix is to set this variable to 'annotating in your own .emacs file.

  (setq bbdb/vm-update-records-mode 'annotating)

Cheers,
Uday