Re: [VM] IMAP folders with space in name

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP folders with space in name
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 09:04:04 -1000

> What do you mean by "specify"?  Typing in the folder name in the minibuffer?

Yes, exactly.

> I think Gnu Emacs, by default, doesn't use <SPC> for completion.  You must
> have altered the minibuffer keymap.  In the worst case, you could go back to
> the default keymap.  Or you could pick the folder name with the mouse from
> the *Completions* buffer.

I didn't alter the minibuffer keymap, but TAB completion does indeed
work. I should have thought of that.
Gmail has folder names with embedded spaces, perhaps a poor choice but
one we must live with.

Many thanks for your reply. As a vm user for a number of  years now, I
look forward to moving into the IMAP era with the same familiar tool.

Bob Newell