Re: [VM] mime decoding

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] mime decoding
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:52:43 +0100

Patrick P Murphy writes:

> You're more than welcome to them if you want; I just put a copy of both
> here:
>
>   http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/base64-decode.c
>   http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/base64-encode.c
>
> They're very generic C and should compile easily with gcc.

Aren't these the same c programs that are distributed with VM?  I am not
sure who wrote them.  It is possible that Kyle Jones wrote them himself or
one his associates.

When Rob F created a Unix distribution for VM, he put those C programs into
the standard distribution in the /src subdirectory.  If you do normal
install, they will get placed in wherever your binary executables go.  If
the Linux distributors aren't including these programs in the VM package,
you need to take up the issue with them.

Cheers,
Uday