Re: [VM] mime decoding

From: Salome Södergran
Subject: Re: [VM] mime decoding
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 16:59:47 +0200

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes: > Patrick P Murphy writes:

>> You're more than welcome to them if you want; I just put a copy of
>> both here:
>>
>>   http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/base64-decode.c
>>   http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/base64-encode.c
>>
>> They're very generic C and should compile easily with gcc.
>
> Aren't these the same c programs that are distributed with VM? I am
> not sure who wrote them. It is possible that Kyle Jones wrote them
> himself or one his associates.
>
> When Rob F created a Unix distribution for VM, he put those C programs
> into the standard distribution in the /src subdirectory. If you do
> normal install, they will get placed in wherever your binary
> executables go. If the Linux distributors aren't including these
> programs in the VM package, you need to take up the issue with them.
>
> Cheers, Uday

Thanks, Patrick and Uday, for your help. While "cat filename | munpack"
works in the terminal, the munpack-command in the .vm-file does not.
However, the solution is much easier. The suggested c-programs do indeed
come with vm and the following lines in my .vm-file do all I want: (setq
vm-mime-base64-decoder-program "base64-decode") (setq
vm-mime-base64-encoder-program "base64-encode")

Best, Salome

--
Salome Södergran For e-mail-replies please use: salome dot soedergran at
gmx dot ch