Re: [VM] Help starting up with IMAP

From: Robert P. Goldman
Subject: Re: [VM] Help starting up with IMAP
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:24:46 -0600

 <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it a stunnel version problem. I had imap/ssl woes until I installed
> the correct version of stunnel and pointed vm at it:
>
> (setq vm-stunnel-program "stunnel4")
>

> I can't remember the symptoms.  I do remember that it was quite easy
> to debug stunnel on the command line. I can't remember how though.

Thanks.  It was an stunnel problem.  Turns out I have emacs 24 so that solving
the problem was as easy as setting vm-stunnel-program to NIL, so that the
internal emacs facility did the job.

However, I still don't understand how to get myself to the IMAP folders to
start up, instead of ~/INBOX, vm-primary-inbox.

Since I am reading imap messages out of folders on the server, there is no
file that corresponds to vm-primary-inbox.  Is there some way to avoid it and
jump directly to the IMAP folder?  Presumably so, but I don't know how to pass
an IMAP folder as an argument to the vm function....

Maybe I should avoid (vm) altogether and just use vm-visit-imap-folder
directly?

thanks!