Re: [VM] mail-yank-original

From: saint
Subject: Re: [VM] mail-yank-original
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:42:41 +0200

Uday Reddy writes:

 > Why are you using this pretest version?

I am using it under the Property 0 of Free Software. If I were able
to use git or bazaar I would have used the sources from the repository.

 > > It seems that Emacs changed the mode used to send mail. When a fix
 > > will be available?
 >
 > No fix needed, because mail-mode (sendmail.el) still works fine.

Indeed. Your reply made me curious.

I discovered that Emacs dropped zippy quotes first and the entire mode
then, so there is not yow function anymore. The error message was
covered by further output. I used zippy for a special custom mail header.

Removed the reference to yow function, removed the problem.

Thank you for your help, a sort of ricochet help but really useful :).

--
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Senior Solution Developer

Sun Java Certified Programmer

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.517         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569             |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
http://www.eng.it                 |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs