Re: [VM] vm and [emacs] desktop

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] vm and [emacs] desktop
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:27:10 +0000

Robert Marshall writes:

> on a restart my vm imap cache files are loaded but they don't
> appear as a VM INBOX
>
> The desktop file entry looks ok
> (desktop-create-buffer 206
>   "/home/robert/Mail/imap-cache-10fa627ba88db87c673417642ff5d908"
>   ...)

Well, the IMAP cache files have such ugly names just to dissuade you from
thinking they are just files!  The real "file" for an IMAP folder is on the
mail server.  So, you should delete the imap-cache buffer that Emacs
recovers and visit the folder in the usual way.

I will think about how to block Emacs from automatically recovering cache
files.

Cheers,
Uday