Re: [VM] vm-save-buffer

From: John Stoffel
Subject: Re: [VM] vm-save-buffer
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:17:24 -0500

>>>>> "Uday" == Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

Uday> There are two functions called `vm-save-buffer' and `vm-save-folder'.
Uday> - `vm-save-folder' is the correct one to use. It does more.
Uday> - But `vm-save-buffer' is bound to C-x C-s.

Uday> Does anybody `vm-save-buffer' instead of `vm-save-folder'? For what
purpose?

Uday> There is a proposal to get rid of it (or at least the key binding).

Get rid of it completely... and re-bind C-x C-s to vm-save-folder
instead.  It's not called from anywhere else inside VM, so just remove
it and release VM-8.2.0c...

I'm in the middle of starting to deploy dovecot and IMAP for all my
mails, just so I can read them on my phone as well as inside VM.  But
I'm starting to think I just need to move to mutt and rebind most of
it's key bindings to reflect my VM experience.

I'd hate to do it, but since I have negative elisp coding skills, and
since the project is effectively dead now, I'm not sure what else can
be done...

I do want to thank Uday for all his work over the years, I do
appreciate this thankless task he's taken on here.

John