Re: [VM] Moving from VM Was: Time to move to Mutt?

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Moving from VM Was: Time to move to Mutt?
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 13:10:54 +0000

address@hidden writes:

> It's going to die?? NOoooo! I only barely just switched from rmail! :-<

Nice to know that there are users still switching in to VM. Welcome!

> Hey, all my mail is still in 1000 (2000?) Babyl files. I just discovered
> that Python has a pretty much universal email converter:
> https://rg3.name/200711221740.html
>
> If I'm going to continue to use VM while I can, and if wherever I move
> next, I'm going to stick with emacs, what mailbox format should I be
> starting to move to?

VM handles Babyl files fine. To the best of my memory, no problems arise if
you use both Rmail and VM on the same files (though not at the same time).
But it has been a long time (2-3 decades) since I did anything like that.

See the manual section

  Starting up > Local folders > Folder types

for full information.

Cheers,
Uday