vm, emacs 28.2 (debian), urls in minibuffer

From: John Stoffel
Subject: vm, emacs 28.2 (debian), urls in minibuffer
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 14:26:43 -0500

Hi all, I've recently upgraded my main system to Debian 12 with Emacs
28.2 vm 8.2.0b and I've noticed a problem with seeing the complete URL
in the minifuffer when I <tab> in an HTML email.

Since I tend to read inside an SSH session in a putty window, I don't
have a GUI to click on the links.  So I tend to highlight them and
then copy and paste it into a chrome window on my work laptop.

But recently, it's been busted.  It just shows one line of text, but I
seem to recall it recently showed more lines of text.  Sigh...  any
suggestions on where to look before I start ripping my .emacs to
pieces to find the problem?