[vile] Limitations of :g commands

From: Decklin Foster
Subject: [vile] Limitations of :g commands
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 09:27:49 -0400

Today (okay, so I only installed vile yesterday) I found myself needing
to do something with every other line in a file.  In vi, the rhs of :g
is just an ex command, so this can be done in a not-very-pretty way by
specifiying a relative range, like

:g/^/+d

to delete every other line.  According to the help file (and poking
around), however, my choices here are somewhat limited, and +d does not
work.  Is there a better way to do this that also works in vile?  Or
some other way to communicate a range to the command?  If not, how crazy
would this be to implement?

Sorry if this has been asked before; all I could find were the new
list's archives.

--
things change.
address@hidden