Re: [vile] default local tabstops?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] default local tabstops?
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:26:56 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Daniel L. Ashbrook wrote:

How can I disable local setting of tabstops? With the latest ubuntu vile
update (9.5i), whenver I load a python file (for example) it sets the
local tabstop to 8 rather than my default 2, which is quite annoying.

I changed that in 9.5h, while adding keywords.  It's relatively simple
to modify.  The scripting that adds the definition is this slice from
modes.rc:

~with define-submode py
        tabstop=8
~endwith

which is the same as

define-submode py tabstop=8

You can undo that by adding to your .vilerc

remove-submode py tabstop

or

remove-submode py ts

--