Re: [vile] Where are 'keywords' set for vilemode, keymode, etc.?

From: Eur Ing Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] Where are 'keywords' set for vilemode, keymode, etc.?
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:30:58 +0000

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 07:20:24AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 12:04:40PM +0000, Eur Ing Chris Green wrote:
> > I have the same vile.keywords file on all my systems, I don't have any
> > 'local' vile.keywords files, there's only the one in /xxx/vile/share.
> > Thus the highlighting *should* be the same on all systems, but it
> > isn't for some reason.
>
> Using an external filter (see, they have uses), you can add a -vvv option
> and see the keyword- and color-information at the beginning of the output
> from the filter.

Can you explain a bit more fully please.

I have experimented a bit more by writing a little bit of C which
exercises all my syntax highlighting colors except bright magenta BC5.

All colors are correct in xvile on both Linux and Solaris (I don't
have xvile on BSD).

All the non-bold colors are correct everywhere in vile.

On two Linux and one BSD system vile displays one color wrong:-
    BC0 (bold black) is displayed as BC4 (bold blue)

On Solaris all the bold colors are wrong:-
    BC0 (bold black) is displayed as BC4 (bold blue)
    BC1 (bold red) is displayed as C1 (red)
    BC4 (bold blue) is displayed as C4 (blue)

All the systems *can* display all colors using the standard escape
sequences.

It seems that somehow vile is getting the bold colors confused, and
gets confused in a different way on Solaris.  All are vile 9.5o
compiled with "--with-perl --with-ncurses", except one Linux system
which is vile 9.5i (but acts exactly the same).

I'll try compiling with tcap instead of ncurses.

--
Chris Green