[vile] What's the X GUI most like Motif if you don't have Motif?

From: Eur Ing Chris Green
Subject: [vile] What's the X GUI most like Motif if you don't have Motif?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:14:02 +0000

I have finally got my desktop Linux box to replace my Windows XP
system at work.  So I'm now building all the extra necessities like
vile and xvile (far fewer than for Solaris!).

The Fedora 6 box I have been given doesn't have Motif libraries (which
is what I usually use for xvile), what's the closest alternative out
of the others? (Not to mention which is likely to be on Fedora)

The only thing that really bugs me from the non-Motif GUI is the
scroll bar, I want a scroll bar with a pointer at each end.  Can I get
this with anything other than Motif?

--
Chris Green