Re: [vile] Warning message on exit from xvile

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Warning message on exit from xvile
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:38:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Chris G wrote:

I have reported this before but now I have noticed a further oddity.

When I exit from xvile using the keyboard, i.e. if I enter ':q',
':quit' or 'ZZ' then I get the warning message:-

   Warning: XtRemoveGrab asked to remove a widget not on the list

on the calling terminal.  However (this is the new oddity) if I use
the default menu's 'Quit' then I don't see this warning.

As far as I can see looking at vilemenu.rc clicking on 'Quit' just
issues a quit command, so why don't I get the warning when I do this?

I hadn't noticed that difference (but have seen the warning).
Will look/see...

It would be nice to get rid of the warning as sometimes it appears in
the middle of a screen of useful information.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about looking into getting xvile to use
FreeType fonts, in fact I'm thinking I might take a look this evening
or tomorrow.  I have just converted to using gnome-terminal by default
instead of rxvt for this reason and xvile looks a bit old-fashioned in
comparison.

:-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey