Re: [vile] Question on perlmode

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Question on perlmode
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:37:03 -0500

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 11:36:27AM -0500, Steven Lembark wrote:

> Using perlmode turns on a boolean setting that ups
> the tab level after, say, a curly brace. I've
> attempted to turn this off via:
>
>     define-majormode perlmode
                       perl
>     ~with define-submode perlmode
                           perl  (not perlmode)

I didn't notice this last week, but my fingers did the right thing today.

vile supplies the "mode" part in the definition, but demands that you add
it where it would be compared to other names.  (The proper fix will be to
have vile detect this, and either allow it by silently eating the "mode",
or by rejecting it because it should only have one "mode" tacked onto the
name).