Re: [vile] Real bug in insert mode - gets stuck in "working..."

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Real bug in insert mode - gets stuck in "working..."
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:00:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:07:51AM +0100, Chris G wrote:
It occurs when you are in insert mode in a long[ish] line where there
is text scrolling to the right off screen as you insert.  It works
quite happily until you happen to insert an 'i', vile then locks up
with "working..." and "...working" alternating in the bottom right on
the status line.

Ah this could be similar to the problem I have experienced a few times
where I go in insert mode to insert (paste) a (long) URI!
I hope the problem can be found ;)

I'll see what I can do. The working.../...working could have been one issue (for which I have a known fix - it just has to be applied in a lot of places, and I could have overlooked one). But the remark about reproducibility sounds like a problem (for instance) in the mapping of the column position.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net