Re: [vile] vile-pager

From: Paul van Tilburg
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-pager
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:34:02 +0200

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 09:11:42AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
>>> I wanted to install vile-pager as an alternative for view.
>>> However, it doesn't seem to work very well anymore.
>>> It uses vile-manfilt, which is not available anymore so it seems.
>>
>> vile-manfilt is normally installed in $prefix/lib/vile/, e.g.,
>> /usr/local/lib/vile/vile-manfilt
>
> continuing that thought - vile updates its $PATH so it can find the
> executable there.  If it's not finding it, that's because the install
> overlooked it for some reason (I'd check the packager's script for
> that, though my Debian/testing has a copy installed as part of
> vile-filters).

I'm talking about Debian here.. it is installed.. though I get the complaint
trying to use vile-pager.
But, why do we need it.. is calling HighlightFilter not enough?
It's also inconvent, because it seems to me.. that now the file is always
fed to vile via stdin.. and thus the suffix mode detection fails.

Paul

--
PhD Student @ Eindhoven                     | email: address@hidden
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | JID: address@hidden