[vile] xvile selecting newline

From: Eric Krohn
Subject: [vile] xvile selecting newline
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:07:43 -0600

About a month ago when I updated my Debian box, I replaced xvile 9.5s
with 9.6i and noticed something disappointing.  With xvile 9.5s and older,
when I swept out a selection with the mouse, if the end of line (newline)
was selected, it would be highlighted as an inverse video space just right
of the last character of the line.  With xvile 9.6i and newer, there is no
visual indicator as to whether the newline is included in the selection.
If I am careful with my mousing, I can include the newline or not in the
selection, but I cannot tell for sure until I paste it.

Typically, I paste such selections into a shell window, not back into
xvile, and it is nice to know ahead of time whether the newline will be
included.

Is there any way to get the old visual indicator back?

--
Eric Krohn