Re: [vile] Using filter-til to replace format-til

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Using filter-til to replace format-til
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, J?~Anis R??cis wrote:

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 05:55:30AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
I spent some time with valgrind, but wasn't able to see anything breaking.
That may be the settings I was using (just the macro, no .vilerc).
It might help to have a copy of your .vilerc

Hmm, I can't seem reproduce it anymore, neither with a fresh install
nor using my usual settings.  I'm trying to find a way to reproduce
the crash reliably; I will let you know when I've got something.
Thanks for looking into this.

no problem (it got my attention). I started implementing a store-operator command as well (am perhaps a third of the way through that). In between, I did some fixes to make the --disable-leaks feature work reasonably well in the forked process that results from running an external command. The diff for that's in

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/vile-9.7c3.patch.gz

Apparently $autocolor-hook is invoked during &gtmotion, and it ends up
trashing the return value of the function.  I obtained the trace by
editing a new buffer called "test", typing in these lines

odd - I never noticed _that_ one before, though I often use the [Trace]
buffer to debug macros.

But usually I'm running with autocolor=50 (running in the middle of a &function isn't intended behavior). I'll take a look...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net