Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:53:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, J?~Anis R??cis wrote:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 07:25:49PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
I got to a workable point with the user-defined operators, and
coincidentally see this bug report at the top of my list. If you're
curious about the changes toward 9.7d, that's in

        ftp://invisible-island.net/vile-9.7c4.patch.gz

Should the URL be
"ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/vile-9.7c4.patch.gz";?  The one above
gives an error, and "temp" is where the last patch came from.

sorry - cut/paste - yes.

Anyway, I did some quick testing by porting my
format-with-external-til macro to store-operator.  So far it looks
like it's working really great, thanks.  :)

no problem - as I noted, that much of it would be relatively simple
(though I hadn't thought completely through how the motion would have
to be passed around).  Making a script undoable as a whole would make
it even nicer...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net