[vile] Vile saves twice

From: Paul van Tilburg
Subject: [vile] Vile saves twice
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:41:40 +0100

Hi,

I am using a LaTeX authoring system that employes inotify to compile
the document when the right files change.  This works all find and all,
except that it seems that if I do ":w", or ":file-save", Vile seems
to save twice (I get two MODIFY events) while this is not the case with
other editors.  Is there are reason for it, is it a bug, or a feature?
Or is this related to my autosave setting?

Another small macro question:  I have created a macro that calls
find-next-error.  If the error buffer contains no errors, ^X-^X will
nicely show this on the prompt.  However, when I use the keybinding
attached to my own macro, I am moved to a buffer containing the macro
code and the cursors positioned at the start of the find-next-error
command _and_ the error on the prompt.  How do I prevent this move or
trap the error and just print something on the prompt?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

--
PhD Student @ Eindhoven                     | email: address@hidden