Re: [vile] vile-9.7t.patch.gz

From: Paul van Tilburg
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.7t.patch.gz
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:13:12 +0200

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 04:35:00PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Paul van Tilburg<address@hidden> wrote:
> >>I'm having troubles with this release.
> >>If I start 'vile foo.txt' I get a screen that shows the
> >>HighLightFilter macro code, but no error.  If I then
> >>do _0, to actually go to the foo.txt buffer, vile crashes
> >>(aborts).
> >
> >Not sure about the crash, but the other problem appears to be an issue
> >with dynamic loading of filters, possibly due to my switching from
> >flex-old to flex.  I will look further.
> >
> > Error: can't load shared object vile-vile-filt.so
> >(/usr/lib/vile/vile-vile-filt.so: undefined symbol: vile_wrap)
>
> That would be the lex-related symbol yywrap (transmuted to vile_wrap).
> It's likely that "new" flex is treating the -P option differently from
> flex 2.5.4a (this can't be fixed by adding -lfl to library list).

Any ideas about how to resolve it (or a work-around)?  I don't want to
rush anyone, but I have to downgrade to vile 9.7s because 9.7t (the
current version in Debian Unstable) is unusable for me (always gives an
error and then crashes).   I am happy to provide mode information.

Kind regards,
Paul

--
PhD Student @ Eindhoven                     | email: address@hidden