Re: [vile] Can't get VILE_LIBDIR_PATH to work at all - 9.7x again

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Can't get VILE_LIBDIR_PATH to work at all - 9.7x again
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 10:20:00 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Chris G wrote:

I'm probably doing something very stupid but at the moment I can't
get VILE_LIBDIR_PATH to do what it should do at all.

I have built vile 9.7x from the distributed .tgz file but when run
it can't find any of the .rc files.  I have a .vilerec which uses
filters.rc so I get an error the moment I run vile.

So I set VILE_LIBDIR_PATH=/usr/share/vile (which is where filters.rc
and the other files are) and it *still* can't find it.  Whatever I
do, set the variable or compile with the configure parameter set, it
still can't find the .rc files.

VILE_LIBDIR_PATH is for executable files (such as filters).

I think you want VILE_STARTUP_PATH, which is for scripts...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net