Re: [vile] default colors in 9.7y

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] default colors in 9.7y
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:14:10 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:33:21 -0500 (EST)
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:40:17 -0500 (EST)
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

If you can post your resource-settings (.Xdefaults, etc), I can try to
make some recommendations on how to make that work properly again.

I set foreground to black and xvile now works OK with a background of
cornsilk2.  I'm happy :)

sounds good - you might also want to set color-scheme to light, e.g.

        :set cs=light

Hmm, doesn't work.  vile/xvile don't recognize light.  The define-color-scheme
command mentioned in help isn't further documented either.

...unless you've already customized the yellow keywords in a different

That's defined in palettes.rc, which is sourced from vileinit.rc
(I do have other stuff in my .vilerc, but vileinit.rc has all of
the reusable stuff).

Not yet.  Generally I haven't seen a problem in xvile.

sounds good.  (in 9.7y, I did make a couple more fixes to sign-extension,
based on compiler warnings).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net