Re: [vile] Console hang on exit (Win32)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Console hang on exit (Win32)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 04:17:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Rick Sladkey wrote:

My vile friends,

I just got a new Windows 7 64-bit laptop and I've run into a serious
problem with the console version of vile 9.7.  If I just open a
command prompt window, run "vile.exe @nul" to defeat my vile.rc,
vile opens normally.  However if I exit vile with ":q<RET>" the
console hangs.  The display still shows the vile screen text including
the status line and ": q" on the last line.  Task manager shows that
vile.exe is no longer running.  I then have to terminate the console
window.

I admit I've been experiencing a related bug on Windows XP 32-bit for
quite some time but I could never find the time to investigate it and I
simply avoided the cirumstances that lead to it.  Perhaps it can be
reproduced more easily than my Windows 7 issue:

thanks - I'll try that (soon as I'm done with my current edit/debug issue). I've been working to setup a multiboot for Windows 7 with other
stuff which isn't going well...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net