[vile] encrypt/decrypt problem when moving from 9.7 to 9.8

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] encrypt/decrypt problem when moving from 9.7 to 9.8
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:58:00 +0100

I have some files which I access using 'vile -k <passwd> <filename>',
I've just moved from vile 9.7za to vile 9.8 and the encrypt/decrypt
isn't compatible.  I.e. my files that were created using vile 9.7za
were not decrypted correctly using vile 9.8.

After having a minor panic I installed vile 9.7s (the default Ubuntu
version) and that decrypted my files OK.

However I thought it would be worth reporting the issue.

--
Chris Green