[vile] question on wrapwords/wrapmargin

From: lists-vile
Subject: [vile] question on wrapwords/wrapmargin
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:13:13 -0400

>From the help reference:

  wrapwords (ww)
           Similar to, but different from, vi's auto-wrap mode (i.e.
           "wrapmargin"). While inserting, words are moved to the next line
           if the current line gets too long. Wrapping is only attempted when
           a space is typed. The target maximum width of lines is changed
           with the "fillcol" setting. (B)

Would is be possible to add new-line to the set of characters that cause
wrapping to occur?  I find the last line of a paragraph frequency violates the
fillcol value when I insert a new-line instead of a space or when I go back
and correct text that runs past the fillcol value.  This does not happen when
I use the wrapmargin setting.  When using wrapmargin it seems that wrapping is
implemented as characters are typed rather than waiting for a space character?

If using wrapmargin is the solution I'm fine with that I'm just curious as to
why the wrapping mechanism is implemented differently for the two settings.

Thanks,
Wayne