Re: [vile] Vile scripts path question

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Vile scripts path question
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 09:35:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, Chris G wrote:

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 08:16:04AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Chris G wrote:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 06:45:17PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Chris G wrote:

I have an odd error running a pre-compiled vile on a Centos 5.2 system
where I have a shell login account.

I've 2 more items on my xterm backlog.  After #271's out, I'll be working
on vile for a few weeks.  If you want, I can compile a 32-bit executable
that would run in the same environment, using the built-in filters
configuration.

That would be good, thank you.  I'll be using it quite a lot having just
moved my hosting (of about 6 or 7 domains) to the new platform (same
company, just a different environment), I'm hoping to keep them all
there for some time as the hosting is good, fairly cheap, easy to manage
and offers all I need.  So having a fully functional vile there would be
very useful.

ok (will do that...)

done - I built an rpm (installed here...) which uses the built-in filters
configuration.  That's in

ftp://invisible-island.net/RPMS/i386/centos52

You should be able to use the executable from that, as you did from
another package.  Since the filters are built-in, it's more
self-contained.

Thank you, already downloaded and working.

(on my to-do list of course I have to allow for a loadable-filters case)

If there's anything I can do to help (testing etc.?) then please ask.

I'm not sure - I have enough platforms to test on (but do overlook things - bug reports are always welcome, as well as patches). Mostly I develop on 1-2 machines and then make builds on the others, looking for cases that didn't build. The builds have gotten more elaborate (multiple compilers,
etc).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net