Re: [vile] missing initial one-line help

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] missing initial one-line help
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:38:52 -0500

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 06:05:40PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:40:06AM -0500, Paul Fox wrote:
> > there's a problem with startup messages that i don't understand,
> > after a few minutes looking at the code.
> >
> > when vile starts, it's supposed to show this message (main.c:945)
> >     msg = "[Use ^A-h, ^X-h, or :help to get help]";

This message was obscured sometime before 9.4 (I just checked).
So it's been a while - wasn't the vileopts change.
I could dig further and see, but that's still a while ago.

However, since the string's still there, I'm reasonably sure it was
unintentional - just surprised that it took a while to notice.

I've made changes in my ongoing fixes to restore those in the
normal flow - will see how those work out.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net