Re: [vile] vile-9.8h

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.8h
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:06:30 +0100

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 01:38:46PM +1000, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> On 8 August 2012 20:52, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Is any progress likely on getting 'nice' fonts for xvile (in Linux)?
> >> It's the one thing that I'd really like, the fonts I get in terminal
> >> windows (using vile) in xvile as well.
> >
> > I keep dithering between doing this first in xterm versus vile :-(
> > It's a long story...
>
> What is meant by 'nice' here?  Doesn't xterm support Xft already
> through -fa/faceName?

In my terminal (not xterm) windows I get to use fonts like "DejaVu Sans
Mono" which are much, much easier on the eye than the Lucida Sans and
such available in xvile.  Basically I think my terminal allows me to use
truetype fonts whereas xvile doesn't.  I think xterm has the same
limitations as xvile.

--
Chris Green