Re: [vile] vile-9.8i.patch.gz

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.8i.patch.gz
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:32:11 -0400

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 08:27:17PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 04:51:23PM -0400, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> > After building with this patch I've noticed that SQL files are no
> > longer highlighted. This only seems to happen for SQL files. When I open
> > them their type is correctly recognized and SQLMODE is set in the status
> > bar but no color. Could any changes in this patch have had that effect?
>
> not that I can think of - the patch doesn't touch the filters (as I
> use them).  It's been a while since I modified the sql-filt.l rules
> (it's one of those that takes some pain with test-cases).
>
> I usually build with either builtin-filters or loadable-filters
> depending on whether I'm debugging or installing.  External filters _could_
> be affected by the --dataroot change (I guess - though that's for things
> other than lib-directories).  But that's one thing to check on.
>
> A quick check here shows sql coloring as expected.
>
> If it's a scripting issue, the -D option of vile can be helpful.

I built with external filters and others worked so I didn't think it was
a path problem. Attached is the output of the [Trace] buffer when I ran
with the -D. I'm not well versed in reading this output but it appears
that it ran the filter. And if I run the file through vile-sql-filt it
gets marked up.

Perhaps I should just try to build again before digging much deeper.