Re: [vile] Fonts-Lucida typewriter?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Fonts-Lucida typewriter?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 16:43:50 -0500

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:47:06PM +0000, James Freer wrote:
> [xubuntu 12.04]
>
> I've just started using vile/xvile today. I'm a little unsure on why
> it seems to try and load 'Lucida typewriter'.
>
> Perhaps someone can just put me right on this. I imagine the best
> route is an rc file.

There's more than one configuration file for xvile:
        the ".rc" files (sourced via ~/.vilerc)
        vilemenu.rc (specially read by xvile)
        XVile (the X11 app-defaults file)

Most of the fonts are loaded (on demand) through vilemenu.rc

I see that in the app-defaults file, the menu font is
        *menubar*font: lucidasans-10
which is probably what you're seeing.  Currently the menus are
configured once at startup, but the logic could be modified to
make the menus use the same font as the rest of xvile (sounds like
several hour's work - at the moment I've lynx and xterm fixes to work...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net