[vile] Strange error with syntax highlighting

From: Chris Green
Subject: [vile] Strange error with syntax highlighting
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 15:29:23 +0100

I am using vile remotely via an ssh connection on a Beaglebone Black
which is running Debian.  The vile version is 9.8g.

When I run the same .vilerc as I use elsewhere (including another
Beaglebone Black, running Ubuntu) I don't get syntax colours but I do
get shown the file HighlightFilter (in view-only mode) before I get to
se the file I want to edit.  There's no error message or anything it's
just as if the file HighlightFilter was the first in a list of files
to edit.

My .vilerc is:-

set autoindent shiftwidth=4 nowrapscan flash notabinsert modeline
set c-shiftwidth=4 smoothscroll timeoutlen=100 undolimit=100 noerrorbells
set tabstop=8 c-tabstop=8
set file-encoding=utf-8
set fcolor=black

map #2 :r !dateYmd^MA
map #3 :r !dateSel^MA
map #4 :set tabstop=4 c-tabstop=4^M
map #5 :1,$s/[  ]*;[    ]*$/;/^M
map #6 :set noautoindent wrapmargin=0 linewrap^M
map #7 :1,$s/( /(/g^M:1,$s/ )/)/g^M
map #8 :set tabstop=8 c-tabstop=8^M
map #9 :1,$s/\/\*\(.*\)\*\//\/\/\1/^M
map #0 ms%c\'//^M

map! #2 ^[:r !dateYmd^MA

source /usr/share/vile/filters.rc
setv $autocolor-hook HighlightFilter
setv $read-hook HighlightFilter
set autocolor=500
set bcolor=default
;
; remove-submode ini dos
; ;
; ;
; ; Set up ^K as 'compose' key for accented characters
; ;
source digraphs.rc

--
Chris Green