Re: [vile] substitute-all-til or 'g' flag anchor behavior

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] substitute-all-til or 'g' flag anchor behavior
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 19:52:04 -0500

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 02:03:09PM -0500, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> The same thing happens for :1,$s,^#,,g I know there are various was to
> do this but this behavior is different than all other vi variants I've
> worked with as I'd expect the ^ anchor to only remove the # at the
> beginning of the line.

That looks like a bug report.  I was intending to spend the next week or
so on vile (because I was interrupted by real-life in October when I was
working on it before...).  I'll take a look.  It's possible for instance
that some of the tweaks used for gluing together parts of the command-line
lost something.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net