Re: [vile] turn off cindent?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] turn off cindent?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:45:27 -0400

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 05:01:58PM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> there are commands specifically intended to help with your use case.
> from the help file:
>
>    ^A-i
>            Like their 'i', 'o', and 'O' counterparts, but any autoindent
>
>    ^A-o
>            or cmode setting is ignored for the duration of this insert.
>
>    ^A-O
>            These are most useful when pre-formatted text is being pasted, as
>            when using a mouse.
>

> the formatting is messed up.  that should look something like this:

yes... it's in the html as

    <dt>^A-i</dt>

    <dd>Like their 'i', 'o', and 'O' counterparts, but any
    autoindent</dd>

    <dt>^A-o</dt>

    <dd>or cmode setting is ignored for the duration of this
    insert.</dd>

    <dt>^A-O</dt>

But changing that to

    <dt>^A-i<br>
    ^A-o<br>
    ^A-O</dt>

    <dd>Like their 'i', 'o', and 'O' counterparts, but any
    autoindent or cmode setting is ignored for the duration of this
    insert.  These are most useful when pre-formatted text is being
    pasted, as when using a mouse.</dd>

gave me this in "lynx", and I probably did something to make it look ok.

   ^A-i
          ^A-o
          ^A-O
          Like  their  'i', 'o', and 'O' counterparts, but any autoindent
          or  cmode  setting  is ignored for the duration of this insert.
          These  are most useful when pre-formatted text is being pasted,
          as when using a mouse.

though I see now that it works with "links" (what I settled on using for
converting tables, etc):

   ^A-i
   ^A-o
   ^A-O
           Like their 'i', 'o', and 'O' counterparts, but any autoindent or
           cmode setting is ignored for the duration of this insert. These
           are most useful when pre-formatted text is being pasted, as when
           using a mouse.

>    ^A-i
>    ^A-o
>    ^A-O    Like their 'i', 'o', and 'O' counterparts, but any autoindent
>            or cmode setting is ignored for the duration of this insert.
>            These are most useful when pre-formatted text is being pasted, as
>            when using a mouse.

(html isn't a formatting tool...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>