|Subject:||Re: [vile] Is there any sort of outliner that works well with vile|
|Date:||Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:16:51 -0400|
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Chris Green <address@hidden> wrote:
- On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:12:03PM +1000, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
- > On 12 July 2016 at 16:58, Chris Green <address@hidden> wrote:
- > > On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 08:54:00PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
- > >> none that comes to mind (sounds like folding)
- > >>
- > > Ah, yes, folding is another way to describe what I want.Â That might
- > > help me find something, thanks.
- > Editors which implement folding tend to do so by toggling an
- > "invisible" attribute on the folded regions--so the text is still
- > there, it is just not displayed when folding is in effect.
- > vile has support for attributed text, but AFAIK that does not extend
- > to invisible regions.
- > What should be able to do however is create a separate buffer which
- > contains the table of contents of your main document and provides
- > hyperlinks for each entry back into the main document.
- Thanks for the ideas.Â I really want a single file because it's an
- encrypted file and the whole superstructure of decrypting and
- encrypting can't really manage multiple files/buffers.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|