Re: vile.hlp typo

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: vile.hlp typo
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 18:54:43 -0500

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 09:35:28AM -0800, Marc Simpson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:06 AM Marc Simpson <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:01 AM Marc Simpson <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > Very minor typo (looks like hyphenated text that was subsequently joined):
>
> A couple more (sorry for the incremental suggestions):
>
> 1185: You can also type a question mark (or the current "test- completions"
> 3037: vile will reapply mapping to the result of a system- defined map. System

hmm - I see.  These date from when I switched from the original vile.hlp
to the html version (and generating vile.hlp _from_ vile-hlp.html).
Just over ten years ago.

So I'll make the fixes to vile-hlp.html

However, I see that since I generated this using my Debian 8 machine in
April, that the formatting using Debian 9 differs for tables
(column-widths and table-widths change).

That's going from links 2.8 to 2.14, noting that I started doing this
formatting around links 2.3.

I'll proofread through that, and make a snapshot with just the various
formatting changes (thanks).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
https://invisible-island.net