Re: Has anyone tried compiling vile in termux?

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: Has anyone tried compiling vile in termux?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:21:15 -0400

chris wrote:
 > On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 04:04:38PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
 > >     u0_a166@bison$ ./vile
 > >     Bad system call
 > >
 > OK, a quick web search has found a solution, it runs OK in a chroot
 > environment:-
 >
 >     u0_a166@bison$ termux-chroot ./vile
 >
 > I think I now need to rearrange things a bit so I always run termux in
 > a termux-root[ed] enviroment.
 >
 > But anyway that was actually remarkably painless, not a single missing
 > library and the fixes needed were fairly trivial.  I'm now even more
 > impressed with both termux and vile! :-)
 >

 > Sorry for all the noise!

Don't apologize!  Just about anything vile related is nice to
hear about.  :-)  Especially if it means it's running in some new
oddball environment.  I hadn't heard of termux before, so your
monologue was worth it for that, even if for nothing else!  ;-)

(I'm not quite sure what I'd _use_ termux for, but perhaps I'm not
being imaginative enough.)

paul
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 67.6 degrees)