web-hurd

Re: the hurd source code included at hurd.gnu.org

From: Ognyan Kulev
Subject: Re: the hurd source code included at hurd.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:13:41 +0300

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:49:00PM -0700, Jim Franklin wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've been trying to think of the best approach to moving this part of the
> website project forward. I don't have the ability to handle this part of the
> project so I think we should ask around to various groups for assistance in
> implementing the source code webpages.

There is an extremely simple solution: A cron job executes daily or weekly
these commands for each project involved (they do not write output):

cd ~PROJECT                             #last CVS version
gtags -i                                #incremental
htags -Fnat 'Project Title'             #frames, line numbers, alphabetic
index, title
mv HTML $DESTINATION

With frames it looks very nice even in lynx:)

Of course this will eat space (up to five times than the source).

After some months we can think of a better solution (e.g. GLOBAL's CGI which can
do searching; and this connected in mysterious (read unknown yet) way to the
CVS).

Regards
--
Ognyan Kulev <address@hidden>, "\"Programmer\""