web-hurd

source code included at hurd.gnu.org was Re: address@hidden: HURD]

From: Jim Franklin
Subject: source code included at hurd.gnu.org was Re: address@hidden: HURD]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 01:39:12 -0700

Hi Paul,
 Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I checked with some the
experienced developers on the need or desirability for dynamic linking of
the source code to the website and found they were comfortable with using
cvsweb. A batch update though would seem to be useful as a learning tool for
beginner to intermediate level developers though. A nightly or weekly batch
update would be useful for keeping track of changes in code for beginner and
intermediate level developers. If we could get the source code for the hurd
and GNUMach paged and on the website I think it would be a win/win solution
for everybody in the hurd community and everyone interested in learning
about the hurd.
 You seem to have a thorough understanding of the process requirements for
posting the source code from your experiences with the gcc project, please
let us know how to assist you.
 I was reading the gnu website guidelines and I didn't see any reason not to
include Phil Charles' floppy and iso images on the website and he is in the
process of preparing that section of the website.

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/web-hurd/2001-April/000184.html

 Thanks for your interest and help in this project it is very very
appreciated.

Jim