web-hurd

lame questions :/

From: Chris
Subject: lame questions :/
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:02:12 -0000

"Currently, the Hurd runs on IA32 machines."
never heard of this, does it mean 32bit intel?

still not sure after reading the web page, is hurd
a linux type kernel replacement?

would precompiled elf's work on hurd, are the linux
libraries in anyway binary compatable?

I think that the site is fine from the point of view of
someone who already has a grasp of what hurd is...

some screen shots would be nice...

is the install as user unfriendly as debian? or worse
still like slackwares?

if i'm used to programming gtk and c++ in linux, how
long would it take me to convert my skills to produce
applications in hurd?

r u still reading this?

Many thanks
Chris