web-hurd

Re: Can't edit the Hurd wiki

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: Can't edit the Hurd wiki
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 00:04:38 +0100

Hi!

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:51:11 +1300, "Nolan Tunnicliffe" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Should I take this to web_hurd?

I now took the liberty to do so.  :-)

> To be more precise bddebian.com:8888 just spins

See the email I just posted,
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3C87vc9417dc.fsf%40kepler.schwinge.homeip.net%3E>.

> so do the links to the windows Hurd on
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/running/qemu/microsoft_windows.html
> Link http://www.numenor.art.pl/balrog/hurd/ spins

Yes, there's probably a lot of bit-rot on such pages, that should be
cleaned up.

> I had to download the Hurd.tar.gz which doesn't expand properly on Windows
> and then expand it on Linux and copy it back across. I suggest you take that
> windows link down on the page above, although the fact you know it spins may
> help you debug this issue I'm having, and put a windows .zip up underneath
> the latest hurd.tar.gz.

Samuel, any comment here; to make the Debian QEMU image usable on
Windows?

> If you sent an email previously and it bounced, can forward it again.

Hmm, which was that?  I'll now go through your other pending emails.

> Looking forward to contributing to the Wiki.

Feel free to, thanks!

Grüße,
 Thomas