web-trans-coord-discuss

Re: [Web-trans] Translation Coordination Status

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
Subject: Re: [Web-trans] Translation Coordination Status
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:39:29 +0200

Em Qui, 2004-11-11 às 11:52 -0800, Praveen Kamat escreveu:
> Unfortunately, I have not found a manual or a set of
> guidelines that explains how to proceed with
> translation coordination as each of us comes on board.

        I guess the most important thing for me to figure is, how to start?
And what's expected?  It may have been my bad start, but I am sure not
very clear.

> (b)Miguel Andrade, <address@hidden>, 9/12/04,
> GPL portuguese translation

        Guess I should step in here, as soon as my web access start working
again will check.  Unfortunately this message must have been deleted
together with spam.

> (e)Miguel Andrade, <address@hidden>, 9/12/04,
> wants to know if web-trans list is alive

        Will do too.

> (f)Caterina Robert" <address@hidden>,
> 9/24/04, volunteering for French translation

        Je parle français aussi...

> (g)ntr <address@hidden> , 10/21/04,
> Brazialian Portuguese of GFDL

        I am working with Norton to get his translation right -- but it is
actually good enough for linking at the unofficial translations page.  I
don't know what to do next.  Should I take a copy of the page, insert
there the link to his version and then send it to the www.gnu.org list
or...?

> (a)Kaveh Ranjbar, 8/14/04, 8/24/04, 9/11/04, GPL Farsi
> (Persian) translation (Ofer response on 9/18/04, Ofer
> confirmed link 10/2/04, Need to respond to Justin
> Pence to close ticket #210236, Mark Par
> <address@hidden> 10/11/04 RT ticket #210237 which
> states that this is still outstanding)

        Where can I check these tickets?  I probably should fumble around at
Savannah, but again I'm writing without having web access right now.

> (c)John Sullivan <address@hidden>, 10/14/04, Mainland
> Portuguese translation (need to respond)

        OK, will do.

>  iii.Leandro Dutra (Brazialian Portuguese), 9/04

        You can count on me too for Spanish and French, but with the former
probably Alex would be better.

> (c)Need to have sysadmin curb and filter spam from
> web-trans list

        That'd be wonderful.  Perhaps writing to address@hidden would
suffice?  If so, I could do this also.

> (d)Need access to the RT system (Need to respond to
> Ofer's email 10/4/04)

        What's RT BTW?

> (e)Need at least two active members of the team to be
> assigned admin privileges for trans-coord project in
> savannah

        Again, who can do this?

> (f)Create a guidelines web page for new translation
> coordinators. I am hoping that what I have got started
> here could serve to create a web page

        What about taking the transitory parts of it out and forming the rest
into a web page already?

        I guess the transitory parts -- that is, the actual to-do list -- would
be too troublesome to make it HTML, a simple text TODO file would be
enough.

        Let's see what can be done...

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <address@hidden>
Maputo, Moçambique                        +258 (1) 360 360 ap 404