websec-users

Re: Possible to automatically print the output

From: Baruch Even
Subject: Re: Possible to automatically print the output
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:16:05 +0000

Dan Rose wrote:
> 2 Quick questions for fans (author)  of websec.

You should look at the url.list manpage:

> #1  Can websec monitor pages that require my login and password?

Use the Auth option, an entry would look like:

URL = http://www.example.com/
Prefix = example
Name = Prefix
Auth = user:password

> #2  Can websec,  directly or indirectly,   send the created, highlighted
> page straight the printer.

There is the Program directive, but you'd need a program that rendered
the HTML and printed the rendered image, just using lpr will print out
the HTML itself and not its rendering :-)

None of the graphical browsers I know would do it, you can probably use
links or one of the other text browsers to do something useful for you.

Baruch