weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #10000] Implement an equivalent to Irssi's paste_joi

From: Sven Zallmann
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #10000] Implement an equivalent to Irssi's paste_join_multiline
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:20:45 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                IRC nick: szal

Details:

When copying a text from a chat and then pasting it into the same or another
chat buffer, Weechat does not remove the line breaks that are inserted at the
end of each copied line (at the nicklist separator line or at the right edge
of the terminal).  Irssi (and virtually all graphical IRC clients, for that
matter) do just that; in Irssi, as far as I could find out, this is
implemented via a toggleable routine called 'paste_join_multiline'.

As I am not a programmer, I cannot judge what you need to get an idea on how
to implement this feature.  But you should be able to get some clues out of
this piece of Irssi source code ->
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/privat/irssi-0.8.14.tar.gz:a/irssi-0.8.14/src/fe-text/gui-readline.c

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10000>

  Message sent via/by Savannah