weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #10032] allow filters to be inverted: include matchi

From: alan reider
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #10032] allow filters to be inverted: include matching lines rather than exclude
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:28:23 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                IRC nick:

Details:

/filter excludes matched lines. I am requesting a way to include rather than
exclude. I am thinking of something like the / search in the multitail
utility, or the -v, --invert-match parameter of grep.

Maybe the inversion is part of the filter definition, or maybe it is an
action (toggle) that is applied TO an existing filter.

Example use cases would be to only show posted trades or chat for a certain
stock ticker in a trading channel, or only show lines matching my nick (it
would be nice if the search could scan the nick AND the line for this, in
order to display only my posts and replies (where my nick was quoted)).

(These examples have more of the character of a temporary search than a
permanent filter so I allow that /filter may not be the best fit).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10032>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/